Sunday, February 23, 2014

Holy Kitchen Remodel Batman!

Warning! This is a very very very picture heavy post!!!

I have been MIA for a while on the blog...and I've alluded to the kitchen remodel....where here she is in all her glory!!!

Backstory: The dude and I bought my grandmother's house.  My grandparents bought this house in the 60's and my grandfather died in 1980.  Very little has been done to the house after Grandpas passing.  And it showed.  This was the paneling palace and totally and completely dated.

So we had a BIG job ahead of us, but I have vision and knew the house had good bones...it just needed someone to SHOW those bones.

That was me!!

Here are a few before shots!

This is the view into the kitchen standing in the diningroom.

My old pantry and the side window.  Please note the several different wall papers on the wall and the terrible lighting.



 The stove and the left side of the kitchen (note the sink stayed in the same place and the dishwasher was kept.  That was it!)

The side door and the fridge, view of the right side of the kitchen



View out of the kitchen into the living room.  And the amazing man who helped make this kitchen dream a reality.....please note that we were also remodeling the dining room and the living room and as soon as those are fully decorated I will do a separate blog post for them!


We did the demo on the 30th of Nov and the new cabinets were installed on Dec 17.  We redid all the plumbing, the electrical, moved the beams in the ceiling, took out the door, insulated, drywalled, installed a tile floor.  Then the cabinets went in and shortly there after we had a semi functional kitchen with wooden countertops and a sink.  Two weeks later the counter-tops went in, then the backsplash, and then the final details that lead to this post. (We had all new drawer fronts put on because of some damage, plus the hardware, etc.)



Introducing the new and functional kitchen!!!


YES, THIS IS THE SAME HOUSE!!! *lol* 



The right side of the kitchen from the dining room


The range hood and subway tile backsplash.



The front door is just off to the left of this photo.  I created an "entry way" of tile flooring by the front door and aide in the flow to the kitchen. 



The sink, saved dishwasher and the microwave.  I have had a few questions as to why I didn't do a built in microwave.  Basically there was no space.  I have to have a full range hood as the stove top I chose is a high BTU stove and needs a hood.  I was adamant that I have a double oven (I had one before and loved it) and so that was out and there just wasn't a good place for it.  I have TONS of counter space and so it was the best course of action.



The super deep single bowl sink with a high gooseneck faucet


One of my FAVORITE upgrades.  The trash drawer!!


This is an "eat at" island.  I will put two barstools here.


LOVE love love the blue pendant lights (blue paint is Batik Blue by Valspar)




 View of the left side of the kitchen


View of the right side of the kitchen


LOVE this stove.  It's a WindCrest and it's AMAZING.


Love the blue theme continued in the oven.  Double Convection Oven by Kitchenaid



And one last look of the whole thing!


Refrigerator is LG from Home Depot.  I needed a "skinny" fridge and this is only 33" wide.  The cabinets are by custom cupboards.  The oven is a kitchenaid double oven.  Pendants from Lowe's.  White subway tile backsplash from Lowes.  The floors are from Home Depot.  

Thanks for letting me share!!







6 comments:

  1. The old large pink stove just grabbed me - so my grndma V!! What an amazing change and I am sure lots of hard work - but love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new kitchen, I'm sure you'll be having many happy times in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have kitchen envy!! It is so beautiful. Surprise! (NOT) You have amazing taste and vision!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are planning on renovating your house, go for the best kitchen remodeling in Miami

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a gift to my sister for her 30th birthday, I hired the team at Classic Kitchen and Bath to remodel her kitchen… you know... give it that modern look we see on HGTV. I learned about them from a buddy of mine in Clarendon Hills, IL. These guys did an exceptional job... from design through execution. They not only have great service but their products are high quality. Check them out today www.myclassickitchenandbath.com or visit their amazing showroom in Westmont, IL. I highly recommend them to everyone considering a new kitchen and/or bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)