Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WIP Wed Dec 11. First one in a LONG time!

It's WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
I feel like I haven't done one of these in FOREVER and I have SO SO SO much going on that I can't wait to share!!

First up....a FINISH!!! WHOOP WHOOP. :) I love a good finish, and this one is great.


I WAS going to give this one to my sister for Christmas.  But now i'm not so sure.  I love it.  It's Joel Dewberry Heirloom and silver quilters linen and a pink tone on tone that I found in my stash.  No selvege means I have no idea what it is.....I probably got it in the flat folds of M & L.  It's rather striking and it's bright and pops and I just love it.

Now on to what I'm working on....first up


 Christmas presents!! Aeroplane bags.  The first one is a smaller bag that I will likely give to my sister, then one for my mom, one for my aunt, one for my sister in law and one as a gift exchange gift.  They will get done....or at least I keep telling myself they will! my TA has been amazing doing all my interfacing.  She loves it and I don't, so it's a win win!!

Next up:

I started this EONS ago.  And Camille started a round and round qal on instagram (I LOVE instagram and am there as KennaQuilts.  I'm a much better instagrammer than I am blogger!) and I got two more blocks done.  And I stalled again. This WILL get done after christmas.  On an unrelated note, these are the new floors we put in our family room and they make me "happy happy" to quote duck dynasty (I just recently discovered it, and I love the simplicity of it and it makes me laugh!!)


I'm working on quilting this slightly bigger than queen size (85 by 100) quilt....and I can honestly say that the next BIG quilt I make will go out for quilting.  This is insanity!! I need a MUCH bigger machine for this!!!!  The full reveal will be next week and I will do a tutorial because I've had SEVERAL requests :)




And if you haven't entered.....look back to Monday for the Sew Mama Sew Giveaway day posts. I  have two giveaways going on right now....the chevron fat quarter bundle and a key fob for two lucky winners.  Just comment on those posts!







Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I too sometimes have a hard time giving a quilt away once it's done. It seems like it's part of me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think that those bags are going to be awesome. Good job on quilting that big quilt on home machine. It's a struggle. I think that hounds tooth is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog and leaving comments....they seriously make my day. Please make sure you are not a no reply blogger so I can comment back! :)